Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
To provide support and counsel on a broad range of legal matters including regulatory compliance, contracts, and litigation as well as representing LCGPA on legal issues and disputes.
- Participate in providing legal advice and recommendations on important legal matters and support the decision-making process in order to safeguard and protect the legal interests of LCGPA against any legal liability.
- Participate in providing legal advice on certain agreements relating to the LCGPA operations to protect LCGPA against any legal exposure and minimize liability and avoid conflict with the laws and regulations.
- Provide legal advice to internal departments when required supporting the business in taking related decisions.
- Assist in the negotiation and review of contracts in order to achieve organizational objectives and protect against legal exposure and risk in Intellectual Property, Labor Law, etc.
- Participate in internal and external legal projects related to national policies, regulations and decisions.
- Participate in designing the Legal Affairs framework and install best-practices, methodologies, techniques and principles.
- Develop, evaluate, and/ or revise legal documents, contracts, official correspondence communications, and agreements to ensure legality and safeguard of LCGPA interests.
- Ensure integrity of legal content and manage potential risks related to execution and interfere when needed to solve arising infringements.
- Assist in providing legal advice on the development of documents and support managers in the resolution of all issues/ disputes/ risks in order to secure the LCGPA’s best interests.
- Provide legal support on local Requests for Proposals (RFP), including the full supporting of contract documentation, that contain all relevant legal and commercial language to ensure the correct service or product is obtained by LCGPA.
Litigation and Dispute Settlements
- Conduct legal research on different matters e.g. entities, suppliers, vendors, etc. with a view of recovering LCGPA’s rights or minimizing liability and reaching amicable settlements in line with management’s discretion.
- Represent LCGPA in courts and other related bodies to ensure all legal cases are resolved on the best interest of the authority.
- Evaluate litigation cases and discuss with the related party to ascertain facts and circumstances of the situation and develops a plan of action to complete the successful resolution of the case.
- Participate in the litigation process, review statements with legal effect and follow up on court hearing outcomes and provide appropriate legal counsel to ensure resolution of legal cases.
- Ensure violations of legal laws and regulations are reported and investigated to take appropriate legal decision on nonconformities and non-compliances.
- Assist in handling disputes and cases filed on behalf of or against LCGPA.
Policies, Systems, Processes, Procedures, Standards and Reports
- Follow all relevant functional policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions to ensure that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate reports and functional deliverables to meet the functional requirements in order to achieve the desired efficiency and performance excellence.
- Perform any other related tasks and duties as directed.
- KSA Legal Systems – Proficient
- Policy & Process Development – Proficient
- Risk Assessment & Management – Proficient
- Contract Management – Proficient
- Legal Drafting – Proficient
- Negotiation – Proficient
- Legal Research – Proficient
- Litigation – Proficient
- Legal Communication – Proficient
- Compliance – Proficient
Law, preferably with professional certificates such as LLM or similar